welcome to the captains log. this contains little experiments and explorations for my second semesters artwork.

may contain words of frustration, rants, and other abnormalities.


Don't take it too seriously.

the posts from may and before that are to be ignored for this assessment :) ---------> click on that picture for the research

Monday, November 2, 2009

box'o'lightern

how the fick am i meant to float these exactly here?? i wish they could just hang from strings. I quite like that you can pick up the lenses and play around with the magnification, i just don't know that people would participate in this way.

curlies from being stuck on a bobbin all day. I left these on the end of the lace as a trace of the method used to create it, not many people would guess this though.
Chantilly style lace that isn't really Chantilly because i couldn't find a pattern, google it and you get the song by the Big Bopper. I made up a pattern based on what i know from lace making and it turned out ok, i made a few mistakes along the way but i like this one better than the braid lace
I have no idea how to set my camera to photograph a light box, cannot sus the light balance at all!!
amanda lace. I can't wait to spend a decent amount of time learning these techniques properly, possibly getting lessons then making something magnificent out of hair. maybe a project for next year :) This one is a strand of my DNA.
every single lace making pin i have is right here in this forest of hairyness. smear on my lens btw.
I got some square hooks and think these are a great way of holding the lenses to the wall, maybe silver ones would look better, these are the longest i could find so i have to get on the hunt and find bigger ones to allow more magnification

3 comments:

Guzzisue said...

have you found this site yet http://lace.lacefairy.com/Lace/

amandalikes said...

thank you :) what a great site!

Ted said...

lush